F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe Bookmark and Share

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 31 - 40 | 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  | 51 - 60  | 101 - 110  | Previous  Next | First  Last

CBS News' Lara Logan Assaulted During Egypt Protests
G-man
Unregistered

. said:something worth mentioning - JUST IN CASE - a real video leaks to y0utub3, everyone here needs to know how to save it the instant they come across it.
For the video that was posted earlier - just right click on the actual video footage once it is loaded and select "save video URL" or something to that effect. Next paste this into your browser's address bar, before pressing enter, remove the "www." and replace with the word "save" - this will load a third party site that will allow you to download the footage in a few various options. some browsers may get a prompt to "accept" before the sight begins - it is OK to click this as nothing malicious will happen - just a script to setup the download. (Verified with numerous up to date anti virus) so as an exercise - I advise you try it on the video posted a few pages back.. your link should look something like this == http://savey0utub3.com/watch?v="y0utub3videocode" (I replaced the o and the e with numbers to help avoid this being picked up by search engines - whatever good that will reall do I'm not so sure.

Great to know
Unregistered

Probaly more than 3 or 4!
Unregistered

To date, Truthseeker's version of events appears to be the most relliable. The fact that he was referred the name of producer Max McClellan by his CBS "insider" on the 22nd April (9 days before the Logan interview aired) speaks volumes. I had never heard of this guy until he was interviewed during 60 minutes. How did the "contact" know about him if she wasn't a genuine insider. She obviously knows what she is talking about.

I'm copying/pasting here the original comment by Truthseeker on the Egyptian Chronicles so we can analyse this important information:

One of my regular contacts has been in contact with a woman who is personal friends with a CBS producer. The producer in questions is a friend of Lara Logan's own producer.. a guy called Max McClellan. (If you checkout Max McClellan on FaceBook, you'll find him with CBS next to his name. Look at his friends and you'll find one Lara J Logan-Burkett. The woman testifies that the producer she is friends with has given her the following direct information:

CONTINUES BELOW..
Unregistered

Allegedly, Max McClellan has shared the following:-
In a nutshell CBS want this whole story to "fade to black as soon as possible". He says Lara is now physically 100% recovered, but she has got mental issues and also problems within the family (see below). He says apparently that on the night of the attack on Lara, she had become seperated from her crew as the crowd was infiltrated with pro-Mubarak supporters.
Targetting the whole TV crew (ie not just Lara because she was a female), they became violent towards the whole crew. For a 30 minute period, the whole crew were physically roughed up, during which time Lara was dragged right away from the scene. As the army personnel stepped in after 30 minutes, the crew realised that Lara was not around..and so began a frantix search by the crew, army and peaceful Egyptian supporters.
Some 90 minutes later, Lara was found and a fight ensued between the army and the thugs that had her. (I have no further detail on this). Once recovered and transported back to the Four Seasons hotel, I'm told that Lara was in need of medical attention and was, "switching between a state of being catatonic and hysterical". She flatly refused any medical attention (which throws into doubt, the allegations of a Cairo medical record existing). In the hotel, they did manage to sedate her.
CBS seniors were informed, plus another media org'had got some detail of the attack and were considering breaking the story. In response, CBS network organised a chartered flight back to the US..which took until morning to arrange. They also began to script a statement.
Now, back in the US...I'm informed that key to the media blackout - is one Mr Jason Burkett, Lara's husband. Apparently he is extremely pissed at three things!
1) That she returned to Egypt against his wishes, after her previous detention and mis-treatment
2) The security cock-up which cost her so dearly
3) That whilst CBS writers were penning the statement, he expressly instructed that NO MENTION be made of anything of a sexual nature...and through a mis-understanding, the infamous CBS statement WAS released with the reference to 'sexual assault'. he tried desperately to have the statement retracted, but too late - it was out there.
As a result, both Burkett and CBS have refused to release anything further whatsoever.

CONTINUES..
Unregistered

The contact further informs, that at the fight with the army, to save Lara - some recording equipment (camera-phones) were confiscated from people and handed to CBS. The contact says her producer friend has not seen the footage, but Max McClellan has. No detail on this BUT...suffice to say, as a result of not being 100% certain that they have confiscated ALL material, CBS are in no position to be able to release a concrete rape denial statement. I have also made contact with one of the Egyptian people who was present that night. He has sent me a photograph of pro-Mubarak supporters (the 'mob') from the previous day. In the photo, they are scarf-clad and are hurling missiles at the peaceful revolutionaries, ie at the guy taking the picture. It proves that these guys were present in force - and were hostile. Regarding the actual attack on Lara, I asked him if he knew anything. He told me that if the crew were rushed by the pro-Mubarak thugs and attacked where the stood, in his opinion there was no way Lara could have been raped. Impossible. he went on to say that if she was taken away and was missing for 90 minutes or more..then very possible.
I want to re-iterate. I have no conclusive proof on the above matters. The allegations about Max McClellan are the testimony of what I have been told online.
Personally, I hope that there's some exaggeration here - and that Lara did'nt suffer as brutally as it appears she may have. The above sounds credible to me. If not, there's some people with sick minds making stuff up. My investigation continues.
Unregistered

.............RAPE!
.............\
............. :asiantits:
:arab: :finger:
Unregistered

It's me again..

So what can we learn from this insider's revelations?

Most importantly that Lara was separated for 90 minutes.

As to whether she was actually raped, it's pretty obvious that she was. What's interesting here is the fact that the rest of the crew were also attacked for the first 20 minutes. After which they couldn't "find" Lara. The fact that they couldnt find her indicates the following.

1) she wasn't being carried around for 90 minutes, otherwise she and the mob would have been too visible.
2) the beating and hair-pulling lasted probably around 10-15 minutes after which she "surrendered" to the gangrape. If she was still being beaten she would have been screaming in pain which would have made it possible for her crew to hear her. Instead its likely that by the time her colleagues had regrouped she had already decided to surrender to her assailants therefore she was probably somewhere fixed, (on the floor, not being dragged around), hidden by layers and layers of thugs, silently allowing the men to rape her. This could have easily goe on for an hour or more..
Unregistered

. said:Once recovered and transported back to the Four Seasons hotel, I'm told that Lara was in need of medical attention and was, "switching between a state of being catatonic and hysterical".

This gives even further weight to Truthseeker's version of events as no one knew she had become hysterical after the assault. This information was only provided on May the 1st during her "official" interview as she herself declared.
Unregistered

To date I would say that the above reconstruction, including anticipated details by the "insider", is likely to be 85-90% accurate. Its also understandable why they have tried to downplay the severity of this assault by saying it onloy lasted 20 minutes. If you tell people that the attack only lasted 20 minutes and you choose to focus just on the hand-penetrations, then you are able to limit the damage. Once you openly declare that the women was amidst the mob for an hour and a half, you have no chance of hiding what actually happened. 90 minutes equals no-holds-barred full-on gangrape and this is what really happened.
Unregistered

The fact that they couldn't find her leads me to believe that maybe the "brutal and sustained" sexual assault didnt happen near the roundabout after all.

BTW, the word "sustained" to me doesn't mean 20 minutes, it implies at least an hour or more. So again, 90 minutes sounds about right..

With regards to where it actually happened, what's interesting is the fact that Lara stated that she was covered in dust whilst on the ground. Well Tahrir square is actually a concrete/tarmac main road. Why would she be covered in dust unless she was assaulted down some dirty side-alley? Or even the construction sight (plenty of dust there..)
Unregistered

Unfortunately to most of the general public believes the sanitized version of events and to them it is a non event. She so far has accomplished control over this story.
G-man
Unregistered

It would seem that Ms. Logan and CBS consider this matter closed. The trouble with hiding the complete story in the shadows is that sunlight will eventually reach it, bringing full disclosure and destroying what little credibility they have, let's keep searching and networking.
Unregistered

superjerk said:I don't think that footage has anything to do with Lara Logan. Anyway, I didn't see anyone that looked like her. Even if that is footage of the crowd around her it doesn't tell us much. We can hear people speaking and screaming. Can anyone confirm if that is arabic and what is being said?
CBS will never release any footage of their star reporter being raped. If they are smart they either gave it to the state department or destroyed it. If they are not smart, maybe some intern will get hold of it someday and sell it hustler.

I believe TruthSeeker's account that CBS got hold of cell phones at the scene. Max, the producer could have easily brided soldiers to go in and seize what they could. That is the way things work in countries like that; bribes rule the world. They were all about containing this and not even reporting it at all if they could get away with it. I like Lara but she is full of crap about breaking the silence. I don't think she would have said anything if she had the choice. She spoke out to protect her credibility. She had to be clear that she was brutally dehumanized and raped because if she side stepped it and video surfaced she would look like a liar. That's death for a reporter. I would believe her if she made any mention of going after the individuals who did this. That doesn't even seem important to her. She spoke to protect her image as the gutsy tell it like it is reporter. She did it her way and protected her dignity as best she could. I think the last thing she wants is for her rapists to be arrested and tried. That would put everything out there in gruesome detail. She wanted this to go away but it won't. The 4 days is took CBS to say anything says every thing. They, she and likely her husband would have loved for this to stay silent. She said herself that her biggest fear was that this would define her. If I see footage of her taking it in the rear I will think of nothing else every time I see her reporting. That's pretty much what I think of already.

Unregistered

The one thing I was going to mention about it is that there are no flagpoles around to be seen.
Unregistered

nine said:I disagree that the CBS footage (the "stop" portion) simply shows a group walking in one direction. You can clearly see a scuffle midway to the right; the people to the left are watching it and walking toward it (some even turn to each other and laugh at what they're seeing). Watch it in slow motion and you'll see arms flailing and people jerking against the flow. Something is going on in there. It looks like a mosh pit would from that distance. I agree there is more footage between the two cuts.

Unregistered

What footage are you referring to?
Unregistered

. said:
superjerk said:If I see footage of her taking it in the rear I will think of nothing else every time I see her reporting. That's pretty much what I think of already.

Me too.

Unregistered

Would that be on all fours while wearing those black boots?
Unregistered

we should see the footage of the CBS uncut.
Unregistered

http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=it&geocode=&q=The+Egyptian+Museum,+Egypt&aq=0&sll=30.117216,31.230698&sspn=0.269653,0.676346&ie=UTF8&hq=The+Egyptian+Museum,+Egypt&hnear=Museo+di+antichit%E0+egiziane&ll=30.044124,31.233948&spn=0.002108,0.005284&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=30.044124,31.233948&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-47242232

Compare the image, this is the area of the dusty construction site
Superjerk
Unregistered

Truthseeker, You claim to have a contact at the 4 seasons who saw her. What time did she arrive there? That would give us a good indication how long the assault lasted. She was grabbed around 1.
Also, are you the guy that put out the youtube part one investigation movie? I can't find part 2 and I hear there is a part 3.
Unregistered

some fakes

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/2864104/Lara-Logan-The-Uncensored-Files
Unregistered

Part 2 http://www.4shared.com/video/r7j3vLin/Logan_Full_Report_2.html.
TruthSeeker
Unregistered

Hey everyone. OK, just for clarity (not that it's really important at all) I AM genuinely the TruthSeeker poster from Egyptian Chronicles board. I still view it everyday..but sadly it's only seeing an odd post or two.
I'm glad to see a hardcore of guys here that are familiar with my posts and investigation I've done so far. I have literally spent hundreds of hours - searching for our holy grail.
Guys..I'm dead pleased to be a part of all this. Let's push together to see if we can crack a photo or video eh!
I'll be honest...my initial contacts came from me establishing names from the darkcavern.com board and matching them to same usernames on YouTube. I created my own YouTube account - and message the guys that way. One main contact there - Joe from USA (I'll guard his username) is the guy who has a woman friend of the CBS producer who works with Max McClellan. I'm honoured that some of you have verified that much of the details I gave about the incident was done so way in advance of Lara's TV interview - and therefore 100% genuine.
I also contacted a guy on YouTube - who 'claims' to know a frenchman who works with an egyptian who's brother was the guy working in the Four Seasons that night. I'll see if I can dig more there.
One YouTube contact ATREUS2000 was at one point my biggest hope. Claimed to be Egyptian..in Tahrir Sq hours before the attack... and now nows people who have the video footage, and claims to have seen it on the actual phone. BUT..don't get excited - when I reviwed my earlier messages with him - he told me he saw Lara filming in the afternoon - and 'she looked beautiful. She had bare legs and a skirt'. Clearly bulls**t.
He doesn't have any such film....and has stopped responding to me.(plus his YouTube profile says he's UK based...and he has all UK TV progs as his favourite).
TruthSeeker
Unregistered

I have a recommendation guys. FACEBOOK is internationally recognised and used. Have you all seen the Lara Logan Official Site - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/laralogan have a look at the Discussions tab - and see all the topics. LOADS of egyptians there.. plenty of possibly helpful contacts. I befriended an elder Egyptian from such a discussion. It seems he was unaware that some locals have photos and videoa - and has pledged to do some digging. IF WE ALL DO THIS AND REPORT ANY FINDINGS BACK HERE - we might have some luck?

Page: 31 - 40 | 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  | 51 - 60  | 101 - 110  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: